Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Waiting on the kennel

It's hot so Harley is in the bathroom on the cool floor in there. He just came inside after being out for about 10 minutes. I took some of that time to clean up the yard. I'm so glad I'm able to keep up with the yard this time. It makes all the difference. No kennel yet. It says it's being delivered...

Woohoo! It just arrived. I already have it set up and the bed is in there. Harley hasn't gone into yet. I'm going to leave it open and see if he wanders in on his own. He's laying on the air register behind the living room table right now. The A/C is on and he loves the cold. He's definitely a cold weather dog. I'm going to have to look for a cooling mat for him for next spring and summer. I'm sure they have them. I'd want one that we could take in the car when he goes on rides with us. This new kennel is HUGE! Just the right size for him to grow into. I don't want him feeling squished in his kennel. If he feels uncomfortable, he wont' go in it.

I was going to take him for a walk to the mailbox but it's 88 degrees out! A bit too warm for me, let alone Harley. When it cools down this evening I'll take him for a walk. I don't think we're expecting any rain, but who knows. I have to get him out there at least twice every day for a walk. The morning walk will be nice because we'll go up to Palmer Park and walk the Mesa Trail. In the evenings it will probably be a walk to the mailbox and around the neighborhood. I think that Harley, like me, prefers to walk on the trail. ;)

Here's a picture of the new kennel. That's his duck in the kennel. You can see that he'll have a lot more room in this kennel.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger