Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Friday, September 18, 2009

Shots up to date and nails trimmed

I took Harley to the vets this morning so he could get his shots. Since he's 15 weeks old today, Dr. McKenney gave him all of his shots, including rabies and the canine flu booster. So, he won't need any more shots until next year. Dr. McKenney said that we could bring him in sometime next month to get him neutered and chipped. I want to get that done as soon as possible so he doesn't start spraying or marking territory. He did really well at the vets today. He didn't fuss at all when she gave him the shots (there were 3 injections). I weighed him today and he weighs 27.2 pounds! He's 10 pounds heavier than when we first brought him in. He is indeed growing. He got lots of treats at the vets, so he was a very happy puppy. Total vet visit was $54.00.

After the vets I took him to Tailored Tails pet groomer to get his nails trimmed. We were able to walk in and get it done since he has just had his rabies shot. Now that they are short we should be able to keep up with them. We really need to get him to the point that getting his nails trimmed isn't a big deal. It was only $10 to get his nails trimmed. For the most part we'll be doing that but they were really long today and I needed to get them all trimmed at the same time. Here's Tailored Tails information:


Tailored Tails
4027 Tutt Blvd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80922
719-596-TAIL (8245)
tailoredtailsgrooming@gmail.com

I was very impressed with how quickly they got Harley in and how fast they trimmed his nails. It's a really nice, clean looking shop. The people there are very friendly and they of course gave Harley treats too. He liked that. I think I will take him there to get groomed once he's ready for that. I want to be able to shampoo him at home but a complete grooming (including getting his teeth brushed) is always nice.

I thought that maybe he'd come home and go right to sleep but he's been playing since we got home. Maybe he'll nap later. I could use a nap myself. lol I'll have to get David to put Harley's rabies tag on his collar later. Once he gets neutered I'll get his dog license and we'll have to add that to the collar too. Then there will also be the microchip tag. Whew! Hopefully he can carry all that around without his head dragging on the ground. He's playing with his pheasant right now. He sure does love that thing. I'm glad I got it for him.

Harley is 15 weeks old today. We've had him for 41 days and I've loved every day of it. I still can't believe that he weighs over 27 pounds! He's going to be a big dog.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger