Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Tuesday, September 1, 2009

New kennel is a hit

Harley has been going in and out of his new kennel to play and lay down. I'm glad he's okay with it. He's in his other kennel right now taking a nap while David naps and I get a break. It's already 6pm. Where does the day go? It seems to go by so quickly now that I have Harley. I'm glad that I got him out there on the trail this morning. We'll go again tomorrow morning. I'll try to get up there earlier so it's not so warm out. David wants me to get a cover for the back seat so I'll have to look for one. I put a water bowl on the floor in the back seat for when we are through with our walk. He appreciated that today. I'd like to get a backpack to bring with me so I can put a few things in it (poop bags, water, the stuff I usually try to jam into my pockets too). I can wear the treat pack on the side of my shorts or pants. I didn't feel like I was totally prepared today (didn't have big plastic bags to put the small plastic bag in). There are only 4 trash cans on the trail so sometimes you have to carry for a little while. A big plastic bag would make that easier.

I should try to get Harley out there early, so I can feed him when we get home. He would probably do better when it's cooler anyway. Tomorrow I'd like to do a 20 minute walk with him. I think he can do that without too much fuss. Today is was a little difficult because a lady decided to walk with us and Harley kept going in front of her. It was a tad awkward. But it was nice to have someone to talk to. Until I get get him to walk with me better I'd rather walk just with Harley. It makes it easier for me to stop and greet other people and to keep Harley under control. He really did seem to enjoy the walk today. I'm excited to bring him up there again tomorrow.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger