Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Biting the leash

Well, Harley got another burst of energy this evening and ran all around the house, back and forth. Now he's sleeping on the kitchen floor. I decided to use his blanket in the car as his mat so I don't have to buy anything. Plus he's familiar with it. I'll bring it in this evening and do the mat work with him. He's still not really coming when called so I need to focus on that. Since he's doing well with sit and down I'll back off on those and only do them a little bit compared to come, leave it and the mat work. Only four days until class again and I feel like I've got to kick it into gear with Harley. I left him alone for a couple of hours today while I went over to Lisa's today. He was fine when I got home. I think he only barks when I'm going out the door.

I soaked his leash in vinegar. Didn't help at all. He is still biting on it. I'll have to do some research and see what is the best thing to do to help him not to bite his leash. I wasn't able to walk him today because he wouldn't stop biting his leash. And it's so important to walk him at least a couple of times each day.

That's it for now. The President is going to address Congress about Health Care Reform and I want to watch his speech.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger