Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Friday, September 25, 2009

Harley at 16 weeks


I am feeling so grateful today because I have Harley. I look at him and I can't imagine not having him. I don't take on responsibility or commitment easily but for some reason it's easy with Harley. I also didn't think about the future too much but now I look forward to it knowing that Harley will be growing and changing every day. He's been wonderful today, very laid back. He's kept himself entertained or has been napping. I haven't taken him out for a walk yet either. He's been outside quite a bit today. He's played with Zeus, Freckles and Stephanie. There was hardly any barking from the other dogs. Harley barked once when he was playing with Stephanie. I really enjoy lazy days with Harley.

Sunday is our last class for Puppy Pre-school. Harley and I have learned quite a bit through the class. Now I want to start to work on his behavior. I really want him to be able to take the AKC Canine Good Citizen test and pass it. I know that with continued work with him that he'll get there. I'm committed to working with him so he will succeed. I want him to be a happy, well behaved dog. right now he's still too aggressive with other dogs (like that pit puppy). He plays rough. Although it must not be too rough if the other dog isn't giving him boundaries. When we arrived at class last Sunday one of the kids said that Harley was hyper (and he was). I don't want people to say that about my dog. I want him to be mellow and friendly. I don't quite know what to expect since he's just 16 weeks old today. I'm sure he's doing okay for his age. The more he and I work together the better off he'll be.

Harley is 16 weeks old today and we've had him for 48 days!

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger