Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Morning walk - check!

We went for our morning walk over to the mailbox. Harley did really well on the way there but on the way back he was pulling more. He knows when we're headed home and he wants to start galloping. Overall he was a pleasure to walk. I've got the laundry going. I put him in his kennel while I sorted. He whined a bit but I just ignored him. I didn't let him out to go for a walk until he was quiet. Then I made him wait until he settled down at the door. He likes to play with the leash before we go out and I'm trying to get him to stop doing that.

He's learned that if he sits at the door I'll come and let him out so now he's trying to get me to let him out all the time. I only want to be letting him out when he has to do his business or we're going out to play. I don't want to become a doggie doorman again. I can usually tell when he has to go but he's happy sitting by the door a lot now. But no going out until I'm ready to let him out.

He's playing with one of his bison bones right now. I like to see him entertaining himself with the toys and chews I leave out for him. He really seems to like getting his breakfast in the Kibble Nibble. The Buster Cube and Tug-a-Jug will arrive this week and I'm anxious to see how he does with those toys. I'm not sure that I'll feed him his meals from them or not. It depends on how quickly he figures them out. I don't want it to be too difficult for him to get his meals. Then again, he is a dog and dogs do have to work for their food.

He's laying down now. He must have used up some energy on our walk. That's a good thing. A tired puppy is a happy puppy!

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger