Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Doggy daycare?

The cleaning lady is here today which means Harley is spending way too much time in his kennel. She's doing an awesome job cleaning the house though. He'll get out as soon as she is done and then he can play to his hearts content. I'll do some training with him too. I may be able to take him over to the mailbox this afternoon as long as it's not raining. It's cold out but I can wear my fleece and a hat and gloves to keep warm. I'll need to plan ahead for when Maria is here next time so I can have Harley out of the house and out of his kennel. I should check to see how much Preppy Pet is charging these days. I could bring him over there and have some time to myself to run errands. I'll have to think on that. I just sent an email to Tom and Ella asking them for the current doggy daycare rates. They are pretty good about getting back to me quickly so I should know something today. It would be great socialization for Harley and he's have fun being there. I hope I can work it out.

I'm going to look for some winter attire that would enable me to get out and walk even on cold days. Right now I don't have what I need. I don't have a rain jacket either. I'm going to go look at Goodwill and The Salvation Army stores and see if I can find anything. I may have to look online for a large size poncho. I have Skooter's old dog coat that I might be able to use on Harley to keep him warm too. I'll have to see if it fits him.

I just gave Harley one of the bison bones out of the freezer. He really needs something to keep him busy. That's why doggy daycare would be such a good thing for him on cleaning days. There are other doggy daycares but Preppy Pet is closer and I really like Tom and Ella and their staff. Harley could really use the time with other dogs and other people. Now, if only I can afford it.

I definitely need to do training with Harley today. I don't think I did much training at all yesterday. David worked with him a couple of times yesterday though so Harley did get some training. I think I'll send an email to Christine and ask if she has enough students to do an intermediate class. I'd rather have Harley around more dogs since he spends so much time alone. He loves to play with Zeus and Freckles but that's with a fence in between them, which isn't all that much fun. Although, Harley really does get rowdy and he runs all over the yard. He has such a good time. But I'd like him to have fun one-on-one with other dogs. He needs to have limits set for him by other dogs otherwise he'll end up being a bully. And I sure don't want that.

Okay time for me to get up and do something. I've been sitting around too long myself. The Adventures of Harley will continue later.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger