Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Sunday, September 20, 2009

Puppy Pre-school #5

Puppy class was great today. It was what Harley needed. He was rambunctious when we got there and stayed that way through play time. I had to hold him a few times to settle him down. He gets excited playing with the pit puppy. All but one puppy (Kaboose) left after play time, so it was just Harley and Kaboose for training. We did all the regular stuff plus loose leash walking. I feel like there is so much to work on now. I'm going to have to be extremely diligent with Harley's training from this point on. I did learn quite a bit today that I think will make things easier for us (how to get him to drop the retrieved object, getting him to do loose leash walking). It's just little stuff but the details are very important when it comes to training.

I think he's finally collapsed for a while. I'm sure he's just as tired as I am today (if not more).

Next week is our last class for the puppy/beginner sessions. I'm not sure what's going to happen as far as an intermediate class. I'll just play it by ear. I want to keep Harley in training though. Although, taking a little time off to keep practicing what we've already learned wouldn't be a bad thing either. I think that in the intermediate class we would work more off leash and with more distractions. I'll have to make a conscious effort to work with him outside and at PetsMart.

I sure do love Harley. As much work as he is, it is worth every second that I put into him. I'm too tired to think right now so I'll write more later when I get my brain function back.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger