Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Thursday, September 3, 2009

Busy morning


Well, we didn't get too far on our trail walk today. Harley was having trouble focusing on walking. I think I may need to feed him before we go on our walk. I didn't feed him until after we got home which was almost 10am. That's too late to be feeding him breakfast. He did meet some other dogs up there today. Of course the one he chose to jump on was a full size Doberman. Luckily the Dobie didn't take any offense by Harley's actions. They know he's just a puppy.

So that's two short walks already today. He's bursting with energy again so I'll probably take him on another walk before I leave to see Marianne. It will probably be too early for the mail but we can walk over there just the same.

It seems like he is inhibiting his bite somewhat. He's still nipping at my shorts though. I give him a time out when he does that. That seems to stop the behavior. Overall he's doing much better than I ever would have imagined he would do.

I took all of his toys and put them in a small box with the flaps cut off. It's fun for him to go and pick out his toys. Of course the first toy he's chosen is his noisy Wubba. He's running all over the house with it. From the dining room to the living room, down the hallway and into our bedroom and then back again. He goes super fast. It makes me think that if he ever got away from me I'd never be able to catch him.

I guess he's run out of energy. He's kahked out on the kitchen floor now. Oops, now he's laying down by me. It's been a busy morning for Harley Barley. And now he's in my bathroom laying on the cool floor in there. When he gets a burst of energy he just doesn't stop until it's time to crash. I love my puppy.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger