Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Thursday, September 10, 2009

A little victory

We did our walk this morning. Lots of red light/green light but we did it. He was biting the leash when we were in the house but when we got outside he stopped biting it (for the most part). Every time he pulled, I stopped and he sat. Then when there was slack in the leash we would walk a few more steps. It felt great to get him out there for a walk. We made it around the cul de sac. That's progress (before we were barely getting out of the driveway). He's been playing since we got back. We tried retrieve a few times. I throw a toy, he gets it and comes back to me but doesn't want to give up the toy. He will at some point. I just have to keep working with him.

There's a piece of the carpet, by the sliding door, that is loose and he's always trying to get at it. I've sprayed it with Phooey and that seems to keep him away for a least awhile.

I just went and made sure the yard is picked up because it is trash day. Not much to pick up thankfully. I'm glad that I'm able to keep up with my little pooping machine.

I think I'll take him over to PetsMart this morning and working on our commands while we are there. He has to be able to do the commands no matter where we are. I'll try them outside of PetsMart too. He definitely needs to get out though. It's already Thursday and class is coming up pretty quickly. We have lots of work to do though.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger