Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sleeping better

I didn't wake up until 5:30am today. I'm sleeping a lot better now that I have Harley. And when I do wake up in the middle of the night I'm more apt to just go right back to bed instead of staying up and playing on the laptop. Anyway, we went back to bed afterward and didn't get up again for a few hours. Once we did get up, Harley was just chock full of energy. I put some Agave Nectar in a couple of Kongs for him (just a few drops in each) and that settled him down for a little bit. He got a boost of energy and was running all over the house, darting back and forth. It was fun, although tiring, to watch him. He's asleep now on the floor next to my ottoman. He wore himself out. I'm worn out too. I think I'll try to catch a siesta before I head over to Lisa's this afternoon. I won't leave Harley for too long but I do want to see Lisa. It's been about a month since I've seen her (basically since we got Harley). I wish I could bring him over there but I don't think he's ready for that yet.

We did some training this morning working on sit, down, paw, up and over (on his side). I used his kibble to treat him. He's just fine with that. I may do a half kibble/half treats combination for training at home and at class. I'll have to see who that works.

Okay, I'm nodding off. Time to take a late morning nap.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger