Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Sunday, September 13, 2009

Consistency

We just did some training with Harley. We worked on sit, down, leave it and having him come by calling his name. He's figuring out that when I call his name that he'll get a treat. He's in his kennel right now chilling out. He's still tired from class today. We tried trimming his nails but he was too wound up to do that. We'll try again tomorrow. Because his nails are black it's hard to tell where the quick begins. I may check with the vet on Friday to see if they can trim them so I'll know how far back we can go. Oh, we also did some work on stay with Harley. The only problem we're having is being consistent with him (like giving him a treat EVERY time that he comes when we call his name). He gets what we're trying to do but at times we confuse him by not being consistent with treats or commands. I don't want to frustrate him by being inconsistent.

I can't believe that the weekend is pretty much over. Tomorrow's Monday and I have my noon appointment with Marianne. Harley will have to stay home. He's still not ready to sit for an hour in the office. Soon though he'll be able to do that. I look forward to those days. I'm enjoying my time with him now too. He's so smart and such a wonderful puppy. It was nice in class today because one other person is dealing with resource guarding and both of the others are dealing with their dogs biting and scratching like Harley is doing. Misery loves company I guess. lol

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger