Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Thursday, September 10, 2009

Adventure at PetsMart

Harley and I went over to PetsMart. I walked him up and down every aisle. I made him do sit and down at the end of each aisle. I even had him do paw. Even with all the distractions (sights, smells, tastes and noises) he was able to do his commands. He's pooped out now and sleeping on the kitchen floor. He didn't go after his leash at all. I also made him do sit and down outside of PetsMart and he was able to do it there too. I took him out as soon as we got home but got impatient and brought him in before he did his business. Needless to say, I'm washing his bed right now. I was able to get him out to finish peeing outside though. My fault for not waiting for him to go. He had water in the car and when he got home so I should have known better. It's all good though. The bed washes really well. I need to check his other bed and make sure he hasn't had any accidents in there. He didn't seem real anxious to go out this morning. I don't want him to get in the habit of peeing in his kennel. That would be a bad thing. Now he's laying down over by my chair. He likes being near me and I like having him near.

I'm waiting for one final box of pet supplies. It's the raised diner, the AKC Pheasant, the Buster Cube and the Tug-A-Jug. I want him to have different ways to get his meals each day. I don't want him to get bored. I want to keep his mind working. A tired puppy is a happy puppy (which makes for a happy owner!).

I'll take him out for another short walk around the cul de sac before he has lunch. Then I'll feed him his food in his Busy Buddy Kibble Nibble. It dispenses the food slowly as he pushes it around. He seems to like it.


Boy he's wiped out from all the activity we've had this morning. I'll have to leave him for a couple of hours this afternoon while I go to my appointment with Marianne. I'm going to leave him in his big kennel without the bed in it in case he has another accident. I'll give him his Everlasting Treat Ball. That will keep him busy. Here's what it looks like. There are two flying saucer shaped hard treats that fit in each end of the ball.


He has lots of chew toys and he is pretty good about not chewing on other things. I've had to spray a few things with Bitter Apple and Phooey but not much (pieces of the carpet that are coming up, the recycle bag and my sneakers). He's not chewing on wires or furniture at this point. I hope that holds up.

I think I may go take a nap while he's in the mood for a nap. I have time before my appointment.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger