Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Friday, September 11, 2009

Day # 34 with Harley

We did some more mat work tonight and Harley did a wonderful job. He really seems to understand that he needs to get on the mat and lay down to get a treat. We also worked a little bit on the other stuff but mostly the mat work. He's in his kennel right now because David is eating some deli meat and cheese. I don't want Harley begging for food. I did give him a small piece of cheese to see if he would eat it and he did. I'll only use that for a VERY special treat. Tomorrow I need to take him for a couple of walks and over to PetsMart. We didn't walk today because of the wind. I know that I need to walk him every day but I haven't been. I'm not quite sure what I'm waiting for to get going with a routine but I'm not going to beat myself up about it. He seems to be getting enough physical energy out each day by playing outside and running the fence when the other dogs are out. He loves doing that.

I keep thinking about the change Harley has made in my life and how I'm so grateful that I found him. He's been so good for me. It's a challenge sometimes but it's not anything that I can't handle. There are a few moments when I feel overwhelmed but I think it has more to do with me than it does with Harley. It's usually a day when other things are getting to me and anything Harley (or David for that matter) does overwhelms me. Thankfully there are only moments now and then that feel that way. Mostly Harley is a bundle of joy.

I ordered some bison bones online tonight. They are way cheaper than getting them here in town and the shipping was free. I'm not sure what they will be like so I only got one bag (about 5 pounds or approximately 4 bones). I hope Harley likes them. I should be getting the other stuff I ordered pretty soon (the diner, pheasant, Tug-a-Jug and Buster Cube). I can't wait to see how Harley does with the Buster Cube. Here are two pictures of Huxley and Blitz playing with their Buster Cube (I'm not sure what happened to it).



I can imagine that Harley will figure it out quickly and we'll have to choose the difficult setting for him after a short time at the easy setting. Huxley and Blitz always liked the Buster Cube and it was fun watching them play with it.

I put Harley in his kennel again because he was biting. He's playing with his bison bone. It's old and he's pretty much eaten everything off of it but he seems to find a piece here or there to chew on. I'd keep getting them here in town if they weren't so expensive (from the natural pet market).

Well, it's almost bedtime. I'm grateful that Harley goes to bed without any fuss. I hope that doesn't change. He doesn't seem to mind being in his kennel in the bedroom when we are in there sleeping or napping. I think as he gets older it will be easy to get him to sleep on the floor on his bed. He's not ready for that yet though. I couldn't trust him not to chew things during the middle of the night. He's safer and happier in his kennel. I'm happier too not having to worry about him and being able to sleep.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger