Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Thursday, September 17, 2009

Harley, Harley

For some reason Harley decided to bark this morning while David was in the shower and I was in bed. I had to go get him from the dining room kennel and put him in the bedroom kennel. He didn't bother the carpet and I was able to get a little bit more sleep. He's been busy this morning and so have I. In between playing with him I've been doing laundry, dishes, straightening up the house, updating YNAB and taking a shower. While I was taking my shower he was in his kennel and he was whining and barking even though I was still in the house. I don't respond to him when he does that. I ignore him. He's out of his kennel now but he'll have to go back in there in about 50 minutes because I have an appointment to go to. I already have 3 Kongs in the freezer for him while I am out. David will be home by 3:00pm so Harley will only be alone for about an hour and a half. He'll be in his bigger kennel since the replacement tray still hasn't arrived. I hope it gets here today. I also hope his pheasant gets here today. This is what the pheasant looks like:

Since he likes his duck so much, I thought that getting him the pheasant would be a good idea. David put some pheasant scent on the duck and Harley really liked that. I'm sure David will put some scent on the pheasant too.

Now Harley is out on the deck laying in the sun. He likes doing that. I don't have to be out there with him when he's on the deck. When he goes out into the yard though, I keep an eye on him. He looks so cute out there. I'll let him stay out for as long as he likes since he's going to have to be in his kennel for a while this afternoon. His toys are scattered all over the living room and dining room. He plays with so many of his toys. I'm glad he can entertain himself most of the time.

Tomorrow I'll take Harley to the vet to get his second set of shots. I may stop in at the grooming place near there and have them trim his nails. It's too expensive at the vets ($22.00!!). Or maybe David and I can do them all tonight. They have to be clipped though. They are way too long and he cuts me when he jumps up on me (mostly my right arm). I want him to get used to us trimming his nails so he won't be afraid to have them clipped. David put him in the tub the other night. He didnt' wash him, he just put him in the tub to get him used to it. He didn't like it all that much but stayed in there for a few minutes. David had wet the tub down so Harley would know what the wet tub would feel like.

Sunday is our 5th puppy class. There are still so many things to work on. I want to continue the training so that Harley will be well behaved as he gets older. He's back in the house now laying by my chair. Hopefully the Kongs will keep him busy this afternoon since they are frozen and he'll do fine while I'm gone.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger