Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Thursday, September 3, 2009

He deserves the best

Harley was in his kennel having a time out when I got home. He had been biting David's feet. I'm glad he put him in time out. He's been okay most of the evening though. Little bursts of energy but nothing out of hand. I didn't get a third walk in today with Harley. I just got busy doing other things. He seems to be doing okay though. He's figured out how to put his front paws on the bathroom counter. That's not good. :-) I think he's getting to a stage where he's going to go after stuff on the living room tables and wherever else he can reach. I know he's just exploring so I'll have to make sure I keep him busy. I'm going to do some research online and see what things I can do to keep him entertained (besides walking him). He's laying on the air register again because the AC came on. And he's napping.

Sometimes I think that I just won't be able to give Harley everything he needs. I'm not as active as he probably will need. But I love him so much that I'll do the best I can with him. I have tears in my eyes just thinking about not being the best thing for him. I know he's the best thing for me. He's made such an incredible impact on my life. I'm learning about responsibility, commitment, unconditional love and the give and take between two beings. I really love having Harley in my life. Okay, no more tears. I want to think about all the fun stuff Harley does instead.

I love the way Harley picks up the Kong in his mouth and tips it over so food will come out of it. I love when he runs as fast as he can, back and forth. I love when he tries to hide in the grass. I just love everything about him.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger