Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Monday, August 31, 2009

Working things out

I had my appointment with Marianne today. I was telling her that I've been feeling guilty because I'm spending so much time with Harley that I'm not cleaning the house at all. She had an awesome suggestion - have someone come in and clean. So I looked up someone on craigslist, a woman named Julie, and she's going to come by tomorrow to look at the house and give me an estimate. I was going to just have the kitchen and bathrooms cleaned but I think that I'll have her do the whole house (minus the 2 other bedrooms). I feel so much better knowing that the house will be clean and I'll get to focus on Harley. She only charges $18/hour so I'm going to have her come in every other week to keep things up. I'm really excited about this. It's also going to be good since my back and knee are hurting so much. I want to put my physical energies into Harley and walking, not cleaning my house. This will be great. And once the house is clean I'll feel more like making dinner. Right now it's such a mess that I just don't even want to be here. If it weren't for Harley, I'd be out of the house every day.

I also talked to Marianne about how much money I've had to spend this first month with Harley. I was panicking about it and she reminded me that I've already spent the initial money that I've needed to for Harley, training, toys, chews, vets, kennels, etc. The only expenses that will be coming up is the vet (2 more times for shots) and training (about every 6 weeks). I feel better since Marianne pointed out that it's not going to cost this much every month for Harley. Sometimes I get lost in my thinking and don't think things through but that's why I see Marianne, she helps me to see things more clearly. I am so grateful for Marianne.

Harley did fine while I was out and went straight outside and did his business. Now he's playing with his bison bone and his duck. I told Marianne that I really want to enjoy this time with Harley, while he's a puppy. I don't want to just stick him in his kennel all day. I want him to be out here with me. He's such a good puppy (even though he is still tugging on my clothes!).

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger