Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Things are changing with Harley. He's awake more of the day and has more energy. Yesterday was a long day. Not because he was doing anything it just literally was a long day. We got up at 5:30am and we're up most of the day until 10pm. We went for 3 walks yesterday. He did fairly well on all of them. We also practiced making him sit while out on the walk. He did well with that too. He's sitting to go out the door and to come in the door as well. I'm realizing that he's trying to train us and is trying to outsmart us. I'm going to have to be very careful with him.

I spent most of the day yesterday looking up training techniques online. I overwhelmed myself looking at all that stuff. There are just too many different ideas on training. I'd love to do Cesar Millan's approach, being the pack leader, but I just don't understand how to project that with Harely. I know it's me not Harely. He thinks the whole house is his territory and I need to change that. I saw how Cesar did it on one of the videos so I'm going to do that today with Harley.

I think that David and I are getting a little frustrated because we don't completely understand Cesar's methods. I feel like it shouldn't be this difficult for us to understand Harley and become his pack leaders. There must be something that we are not getting from the DVD's. Cesar doesn't use very many words. He uses actions and sounds to direct the dog. I know it's Cesar's frame of mind and how he carries himself that make the difference. How do I aquire that skill?

He's being rowdy so I need to go.

1 comment:

The Roy Clan said...

Hey there, I've got the Cesar thing going on with my dog's that's why Harley was so well behaved so early if you have questions, I don't know it all for sure but I will try to help!

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger