Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Saturday, August 22, 2009

A pretty good walk

I went to PetsMart and was able to get a small lead that matches Harley's collar. It's light enough that it doesn't hang off of him. I was glad they had a matching lead. Then I went to the natural pet food store and got a few ninety-nine cent bags of treats. I don't know that they'll work well for training since some are really big and some are really small but I'll try it. I did find that there is a third flavor of Zuke's Mini-naturals - peanut butter! He'll love that. I'll have to order them online I think since the natural pet food store doesn't carry the peanut butter flavor. I think it would end up being about the same price to buy 3 bags online with free shipping from Amazon.

I took Harley out for a walk. He did pretty good with the new leash. It was hot out so he wasn't thrilled to be out there. He's definitely a cool weather dog. He did chew on the leash a few times but not near as much as he has been doing. I think I'll shift to walking him two times a day - in the morning when it's cool and in the evening again when it's cool. He'll like that better. I'm still just walking him around the cul de sac. I want to start walking him to the mailbox and back. That would be good exercise for him. He really does need more exercise and practice walking on the leash.

Harley is next to David's chair and David is patting him (as long as Harley sits). Harley loves the attention.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger