Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sans dog

Well, I came home sans dog. The GSP we looked at much too much dog for me. He wasn't fixed either. Very nice looking boy but just too much energy and power. I guess I needed to see him to convince myself once and for all that a GSP is not the dog for us. As much as I love the breed, it doesn't fit into my lifestyle. There were lots of dogs at the HS but I was only interested in looking at the GSP. I'm sorry we had to pass on him and I pray that he gets a good home, as well as all the other dogs there.

A smaller dog, that won't jump the fence and pull my shoulder out of the socket, is what I should get. I need a dog that I can handle. There were some cute ones at the HS but nothing that really piqued my interest. I do want a dog though. I am more miserable without a dog than I am with one. And the only reason I was miserable was because I just didn't do the right things with the dogs I had. It wasn't their fault at all.

So I'm home without a dog and somehow dealing with it. I would have taken home that GSP if he had the right temperment. I mean, he was a happy boy and all, just too wild. He did know how to sit though, so I know he's a smart dog. Anyway, it wasn't meant to be at the HS today. I can live with that.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger