Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Harley Barley

I received a wonderful email from Barb today. She read The Dog Blog and was happy to know that Harley wasn't just a whim for me. He was well thought out and planned for. I've asked her for her blog's address so I can see pictures of Harley when he was smaller. I'm so excited to get to see him as a little baby. I know Barb did an awesome job with Harley because he is so well behaved (except when he's biting my pajama bottoms lol). He hasn't had even one accident in his kennel and he pretty much always asks to be let out so he can do his business outside. And the fact that he sits when coming in and going out and when I'm putting his bowl down is just amazing for a 10 week old puppy. I know he'll do great in Puppy Pre-school which starts on Sunday.

He's out right now playing in the living room. He's over by his dad. He was biting him a little but once he's told 'no' he stops biting. He's been really good with shoes so far too. We have lots of shoes out in the living room and he rarely goes after them. I know that he'll have some more energetic, puppy days but I think he and I will do okay together. There will be trying times and I'm ready for them. I know it will be difficult on those days but he's definitely worth all the time and effort that I put into him.

I can't wait to start doing some training with Harley. I think he has unlimited potential. He's going to be a great dog. I'm really thinking of having him trained as a therapy dog. Even if he doesn't do lots of therapy stuff he'll be great therapy for me. He really is a godsend in my life. I live with depression day in and day out but now that I have Harley I have a reason to get up every day and a reason to stay up every day. My life has meaning again. I've really missed having a dog. I've pretty much was miserable once Huxley and Blitz left. But sunny days are here again because of Harley.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger