Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Saturday, August 22, 2009

Day # 14 with Harley

We've had Harley for 2 weeks now. It doesn't seem like it's been that long because things have been going so well. Life sure has changed around here in the last two weeks. Even though Harley is generally well behaved, he still is a puppy and does puppy stuff (jumping, biting, bursts of energy). I'm just so glad that Harley came home with us. Barb told me that another lady almost took Harley home. I'm so glad she changed her mind. Harley was meant for me and I was meant for Harley.

I checked out the puppy classes. The next one is a beginner class, then intermediate and then advanced etiquette and CGC training (Canine Good Citizen). After he passes the CGC exam then we can go into therapy dog training. There is also a class to continue the clicker training. I'm not sure where that will fit in but it looks interesting. I really want him to be a therapy dog. I'd like to be able to take him for visits where he can make a difference in other people's lives. He certainly has made a difference in my life.

Almost bedtime. I'll have to get him up soon so he can go outside and do his business. I think he'll sleep good tonight since he's had such a busy day. I know I'll sleep good. :-)

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger