Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Friday, August 14, 2009

New toys are a hit!


Woohoo! The Cesar Millan DVD's came today! I am so excited! I can't wait to watch them. I asked David to watch them with me and he said he would. I also got Harley a bigger bed for his new kennel, a Kong Ball and some teething keys. I know that the more he chews on that stuff the less he'll chew on people stuff. All together it's a dog gone good day (yeah, lame, I know lol). Harley did great while we were out. He went right outside when we got home and did his business. I just love having him. I know every day isn't going to be as good as all these last six days have been but I'm just so relaxed and calm with him. I don't know that I ever felt like this with the GSP's. Ever. It's not there fault though. We just chose the wrong dogs/breed for us. He loves his new toys. He hasn't seen the new kennel layout yet but the bed is just like his old one, just bigger, so he shouldn't have any trouble adjusting to it. Gosh he really loves the teething keys. He just played with his ball again too. I love that he understands what his toys are.




The DVD's I got are the Mastering Leadership Series. The first DVD is "People Training for Dogs". The second one is "Becoming a Pack Leader". The third one is "Your New Dog: First Day and Beyond". From watching the Dog Whisperer show today I've already realized that I definitely need to get him out in the neighborhood and start walking him. That's more important than anything else. I think I may try to walk him three times a day (after he eats and poops). I'll take him out for his first walk tonight after his dinner. Of course, maybe I should watch the DVD's first so I'll know how to walk him (duh!). Cesar has a particular style he uses for walking dogs and I want to follow his suggestions. Man, he really loves those teething keys. I'm so glad.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger