Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Thursday, August 27, 2009

Kongs ROCK!!

It has been a busy morning. We got up at 5:30am so Harley could go out. Then we went back to bed for a while. Then we were up again for good. I've taken him for a walk around the cul de sac, played with him in the backyard, kenneled him while I put trash out (he didn't like being kenneled), played in the backyard, went to PetsMart and he finally tired himself out playing with his Kong toys. Whew! Non stop! I have an appointment with Marianne this afternoon. I'll put plenty of Kong toys in with him so he has something to do while I'm gone.

When we did the walk around the cul de sac, Harley mostly stayed to my left and walked loose leash. What a pleasure that was. When we were in PetsMart I couldn't even tell he was on the end of the leash, he was so well-behaved. He smelled some packages of bones but didn't open any. I'll pick up some bison bones for him when I go out later. He loves the bison bones.

I had to get another kennel for him. He's starting to outgrow the one he has. I want one he can grow into so I got a 42" kennel this time. I don't really have the money to buy a kennel but I don't want him barking and whining in his kennel because he's squished in there. I'll be able to use the other kennel for a little while longer (I'll have one in the bedroom and one in the dining room) and then when he's too big for it, I'll sell it on craigslist. I did get a good deal on the kennel plus got free shipping. I've been looking for one on craigslist, even put an ad on to request one, but there aren't very many of the larger kennels available. And I definitely need one for the dining room so I can kennel him out there when I'm out there.

I should be able to walk Harley again when I get home from my appointment with Marianne. I don't think it's going to rain out this afternoon. Of course, that could change. I'll walk him over to the mailbox so I can pick up the mail.

Three days until puppy class again. I'm really looking forward to that. When we went to PetsMart he saw other people and other dogs. He did pretty good for being a shy boy. I'm hoping that he'll just jump in and play with the other puppies on Sunday. He's doing really well with his click/treat behaviors. It really helped to work with him walking today with the treats. I don't want him to think he'll always get treats but for now it's shaping his behavior and that's all I can ask.

I can't believe he tired himself out. I think that's the first time he's done that during the day. I'll get all of his Kongs prepared for when I leave later. It'll keep him busy long enough that he should be okay the whole time I'm gone (about 2 hours). I'm really enjoying the peace and quiet right now. He's such an excellent dog. We're still working on him biting my clothes though. I'm hoping the Kong chew toys, with treats in them, will keep him away from things I don't want him chewing on (and that includes me).

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger