Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Thursday, August 13, 2009

Day #5 with Harley

Harley didn't whine at all when he went into his kennel for bedtime. He seems to be getting the routine down. Right now he's playing with his Kong Tails toy. He loves that thing. The tails are reinforced but he's already biting through one of them. Hopefully it will last a while longer. It's just Harley and I this morning. David and Gabe went to play golf. I'm going to try to get a few things done around here before I have to take a shower and leave for my appointment with Marianne. I need to get another dog food container to put Harley's dog food in to avoid spills. I'll have to look online on craigslist for the container.

I didn't sleep good at all last night. It wasn't Harley's fault. He was a peach. I just couldn't get to sleep. So I'm a super yawny butt this morning. Mostly I'd just like to go back to bed but I don't want Harley spending that much time in his kennel. He does really well while he's out of the kennel. Like right now, he just finished playing with his Kong toy and he's come over to lay down near me. He isn't at that stage yet where he feels like he has to go off and terrorize the house just for fun. I'm hoping that his laid back attitude moves forward with him and that he's better behaved than the GSP's were.

I'm one day closer to getting my Cesar Millan DVD's which means I'm one day closer to training Harley right. I know I'll see a lot of progress in him once I start using Cesar's methods. Should be interesting. I'm going to have David watch the DVD's with me so we can be on the same page. David did two things that I didn't really want him to do with Harley. First, he pulled Harley up onto his lap while he was sitting in his recliner. Second, he put Harley on the bed this morning so he could give me kisses (Harley, not David lol). I feel like that's undermining the training I'm trying to do. I don't want him in people's laps or up on the furniture, especially the bed. I like having room to sleep. I had about 3" when Huxley and Blitz slept with us. Not again!

He needs attention so I need to go.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger