Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Sunday, August 23, 2009

Brake Fast Bowl

I found this bowl on amazon.com. It's designed to slow down a dog's eating. I think I should get one of these for Harley or should I call him Hoover. lol He's eating way too fast and I'm worried that he'll get bloat by gulping so much air. This kind of bowl would make a big difference. Another suggestion they have is to hand feed the dog so he can't gobble all of his food down. Hand feeding might help with the biting issue too. I could combine both methods. Whatever I do, I have to slow down his eating.

You'd probably never guess but he's sleeping at my feet right now. I know. Hard to belileve. lol He's so calm compared to Skooter, Moped, Huxley or Blitz. Hux and Blitzie were pretty lazy and slept a lot but they still had tons of energy. And they were senior dogs! I just didn't know how to handle Skooter and Moped together so that's why they were out of control. They weren't bad dogs at all. I just was an uninformed owner. They've turned out to be great dogs in spite of my lack of knowledge.

In a little over two hours we leave for Puppy class. For some reason I'm feeling nervous. There's really no reason to feel nervous though. He's just a puppy and will behave as such. I've got to get him out for a walk before we go to get some of the energy out of him. Not that he seems to have much energy right now. I bet there will be peeing puppies everywhere. Yikes!

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger