Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Thursday, August 20, 2009

Vet day #2

We've had a good day so far. Harley got up at about 5:30am to go out and do his business. He gets up when David gets up in the morning. Then we came in and he went in his kennel and I went back to bed until 6am. Then we got up again and I fed him and then he went out to do his business again. We stayed up for about an hour so Harley could play and get some energy played out then we went back to bed again until 10am! I can't believe we both slept that long. I had to get ready to take him to the vets (his appointment was at 10:40am) and get all the trash out before we left. I've been keeping up with the yard. I have bags to pick up poop and I'm using the little silver trash can to put the bags in after I pooper scoop. I'm picking up after him every day (instead of waiting for a week and having someone else come out and do it - saves money and keeps the yard in good shape). I noticed last night that he was eating his baby Kong and could see the pieces in his poop. I'm glad it's coming out of him. I don't want any obstructions like we had with Skooter. So the baby Kong is gone now. I'll have to get him some of the Kongs for aggressive chewers. I remember that ball I got too that had food on each side that was for aggressive chewers. I'll have to look for that again so he'll have something to chew on that has the flavor of something other than rubber. lol

Harley was great at the vets. He rode really well in the car on the way over. He sat at the door to go in and mostly behaved inside (except when he was trying to chew on his leash). Today he got his Bordetella shot and his dog flu shot. The vet said it would be a good idea to get that second shot since he'll be starting Puppy Pre-school on Sunday. He was fine with getting his shots. He didn't even seem to feel them. I got his paperwork from the vet's office for his class. (Dawn was nice enough to remind me that I needed the paperwork - duh on my behalf.) I had the vet look at his eyes and she said that he seemed to be okay, just a case of the morning crustys. He got to meet another black lab, a sixteen week old, while we waited for the bill. They didn't actually go near each other but were about 5 feet apart. They both were very interested in each other. Next thing I knew, Harley plopped down and was at my feet. He did do some nervous peeing again. I hope that's not going to be an ongoing issue for him. Of course, he's only done it at the vets as far as I can tell. We'll see how he does Sunday.

Right now he's in his kennel taking a shot's nap. We have to go to Berta's funeral this afternoon so he'll be alone for a couple hours again. I'm sure he'll do okay. I'm checking him every now and then to make sure he's not having any reactions to the shots. So far, so good. It's almost lunch time so I should get him out and feed him in a few minutes. Or maybe I'll wait until later so he'll have an empty stomach while we are gone. Nah, I don't want to make him wait. I'll get him out in about ten minutes so he can eat. I want to keep him on as much of a schedule as I can.

So it's been a good day so far. I'm enjoying having Harley. Oh yeah, he's already gained some weight (I weighed him at the vets). He's going to be a chunk as he gets older. That's why training will be so important. Keeping him under control will be a priority.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger