Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Monday, August 17, 2009

He's making progress

Harley woke up when I came back into the bedroom this morning. I took him out and he did his business. Then we went back to bed for a while. I woke up some time after 8am and took him out again. I realized that he hasn't had an accident in the house in days. Woohoo! I fed him his breakfast earlier in the morning. I'm not feeling great today so I haven't walked him yet. I'll do that in just a little while. I want to walk him at least 2 times a day. He's in his kennel right now so I can get a few things done. He's being a little whiny but nothing I can't tolerate. I know he just wants to be out with me. He's doing his little barking/howling thing right now. It's kind of cute. I don't want him doing that all the time though.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get him to stop biting my right arm. I have quite a few scratches on that arm now. I know that puppies bite but I'm not sure what to do as far as getting him to not bite me. He's great with his chew toys and plays with them most of the time. He only goes after me when I get down on his level (to get the ball out from under the couch or to put his bowls on the floor). I'm sure he just thinks that I'm playing with him but I don't want to encourage that kind of behavior.

I'm trying to keep him out of the kitchen and that's not going so well. It's my fault for letting him in there in the first place. There's not really anything for him to get into but I just like to be able to keep him in sight. I'm going to continue working on keeping him out of the kitchen though.

I bought a book yesterday about Labrador Retrievers. It is very informational. It also has information on training which will come in handy. There is also a DVD about training that I haven't watched yet. I think it will be helpful though. I also got a puppy magazine. There's some training stuff in there too. He's great with sit now so I need to start working on come, down and stay. He's smart so I know he'll learn fast. He's treat motivated so I shouldn't have any difficulty teaching him new behaviors.

I'm thinking of buying a larger kennel for him to keep in the dining room. When he spreads out to sleep he pretty much takes up all of the kennel already. I'll check craigslist this morning. Hopefully someone will have a larger wire kennel.

This is the noisiest he's ever been with me. I guess he'd rather be out playing than in his kennel. I guess I should take him out once he settles down. I hope we have another good day today like most of the days we've had together have been.

I'm feeling tired today but I'm not sure why. Harley is sleeping through the night for the most part. I think that if I didn't wake up in the middle of the night or early morning to go to the bathroom he wouldn't get up. David getting up for work also gets him up. I don't mind though because I just have to take him out and then we go back to bed. I think I'm going to go back to bed for about an hour. I'm really tired. I'm sure he'll enjoy having me in the bedroom.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger