Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The hunting game for breakfast

I was up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom which meant that Harley woke up too. He barked a couple of times. I'm glad that he didn't wake David up. I let him out of his kennel and he went outside to do his business. When we came in he went right to the floor by my chair and parked himself on the carpet. I guess he thought he was sleeping outside the kennel last night. I got a few treats and lured him back to his kennel. He practically runs into the kennel now (if there is a promise of treats). We slept until 6am. I let him out again but the sprinklers were on so he wasn't too thrilled about going out into the grass. I waited until he did though. Then we came in and went back to bed. We slept until almost 9am! I gave him his breakfast, hunting game style, which he really seems to enjoy. I'm still putting the food in plain sight in the dining room and living room. I put it in about 10 different places. He's really getting the hang of it. After he ate he went out and did his business. When he came in he was checking to see if there was any food left lying around (and there was). After all the food was gone he started playing with his bison bone and his duck. He enjoys those two things.

Unfortunately he started nipping at me so I have given him a time out. As soon as he doesn't whine or bark for about a minute, then I'll let him out. But he's still barking right now (off and on). I think I'll take advantage of this time and take a shower. My depression is really bad today and I'd rather just sit in my chair but I know I have things to do so I'm going to get up and get going. (Now he's howling a bit.) I have a few errands to run and then I'm going to call Christine to see if I can meet her somewhere so I can pay her. I don't like having that hanging over me. I don't want to owe anyone money. I'll get that taken care of today if I can.

Harley hasn't been quiet long enough for me to let him out so I'm going to go take my shower.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger