Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Saturday, August 22, 2009

Piss and vinegar

I was right. Harley is full of piss and vinegar this morning. He's finally played himself out for a bit. He's been going, going, going. He loves grabbing one of his toys and running back and forth with it. That usually tires him out. I've got to figure out how to get him out there walking without chewing on the leash. Maybe if I give him something to carry in his mouth he'll walk and not chew on the leash. I want to be able to walk him more than I am now.

Tomorrow is the big day - Puppy Pre-school! I know he's going to really get excited about that. He's been doing the excited peeing still. I read something that said that if I train him to sit and shake when greeting someone it could stop the excited peeing. I'll have to work on that with him.

When I was at PetsMart yesterday I picked up a treat bag for David and for me. That way we can both give him treats while we are training him. I don't want to have to keep trading off the treat bag. He seems to like the natural treats I got for him. I probably need to get at least one other kind so he'll have some variety. I need to keep him interested in the treats.

I picked up a small leash at PetsMart yesterday but didn't realize that it had diamond looking things on the end of it near the clip. That would be prime chewing territory for Harley and I don't want him to swallow something like that. So I'll have to bring it back and look for another lightweight leash. If they don't have one at PetsMart I'll take a look at the natural pet food store. They had some leashes outside the store yesterday. I took a brief look at them but didn't really check them out. I have to get a leash today though for class tomorrow.

I think while he's settled down now I'll go and do my errands. That way he'll be easier for David to deal with.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger