Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day #4 with Harley


David was up a lot last night so that meant that Harley was up a lot too which meant that I was up a lot. Harley has never gone to the bathroom in his kennel and I am very grateful for that. So I had to take him out a few times last night but I didn't mind because he is such a wonderful puppy. He did have an accident in the house by the door this morning. Again, it was my fault for not noticing that he had to go. He is going to the bathroom outside most of the time though and that's awesome. Harley is in his kennel right now taking a nap. Gabe is here and he's played with him and Harley enjoyed that. Harley is pretty much attached to me already. He follows after me a lot. I'm hoping he sees me as his pack leader. I did order (from half.com so it was cheaper) the DVD series Cesar Millan has on Leadership. I think that will help me out a lot. I can't wait to get it.

Harley is already outgrowing the kennel I got for him just 4 days ago! So I looked on craigslist and found a bigger wire kennel for him. The guy I'm buying it from is going to bring it over at 1:30pm. I'll have to put some blankets in it for now and his bed because it's a wire bottom. I want him to have room to move around and stretch out and stand up without bumping his head. I'll sell the kennel I just bought on craigslist. That should pay for the new one I'm getting today.

Harley is doing great with his training. I'm working on "outside, inside, do your business and sit". I need to really work on "come" so he'll come to me better. He's not too bad about it but he mostly just does it when he wants to right now. I'm sure that Cesar's DVD's will help me out a lot. I wish I had them today so I could start training Cesar's Way right now. I should have them by the end of the week though.

I'm so happy that I'm feeling so much more relaxed with Harley than I did with Skooter and Moped. Different breed, different experience. I know it will get hectic as he gets older but if I can start out on the right foot we'll do great together. I love having him. We went out to breakfast this morning (Gabe's treat) and I really looked forward to getting home and seeing Harley. He was happy to see me too. I don't think he has much if any separation anxiety. He's always just sitting in his kennel when I get home. He's great. He's so good in fact that I'm more than willing to let him out of the kennel for most of the day because mostly he just sleeps. I'm going to enjoy that while it's happening. He'll be more active before I know it.

I just let him out of his kennel and took him outside. He didn't have to go to the bathroom. So I brought him back in and he's eating his lunch right now. I'll bring him out as soon as he finishes so he can poop. He's funny because he sits down to eat. At some point I'll get him the raised bowls. I like that set up. Now he's laying down and eating. He's too funny.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger