Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A happy boy


I found a dog on craigslist. I'm interested in getting more information on him so I sent an email to the current owner. He's a Bernese Mountain Dog/Australian Shepherd mix (although he looks more like a cattle dog than a australian shepherd). He's about 70 pounds, a big dog, but he is fully grown. He's 20 months old. Of course all I've seen is a picture but he looks like a happy boy. I hope his current owner emails me soon so I'll know if he's available or not. I could go look at him tomorrow but I'd need to have David with me to make sure the dogs likes him too. I wouldn't make a snap decision. I would think about it before I decided.

There's also a bunch of adoption fairs this Saturday at the PetsMarts in town. That would be a good place to see a dog around people and other dogs and lots of stimulation. I want a dog. I want a good dog that is the right fit for me. I want a walking buddy and a dog that would be okay being left alone for a few hours. So much to think about.

I'm already feeling happier just thinking about getting a dog. A dog would be great therapy for me. I'm willing to wait to find the right dog though. It won't make me miss Huxley and Blitz any less to have another dog, but I don't think I'd feel so empty inside if I had a dog.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger