Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Saturday, August 15, 2009

Day # 7 with Harley

It's not even 6:30am yet and it's already been an action packed morning. I got up at 5:30am (David was leaving for work) and went to the bathroom. While I was in there Harley alerted me to the fact that he needed to go out NOW! He was next on the list but I guess he didn't want to wait. I took him outside and he did his business. When he came in I decided that we should go for a walk so he could earn his food and water today. So I used the leash we got from the vet's Puppy Pack and I took him out for a walk around the cul de sac. He did well on the leash. He stopped some and tried to get in front of me but I think I was able to keep him under control most of the walk. When we came back in I gave him his breakfast. He was very good about eating. He has a good appetite. After eating I let him play with his chew toys. Now he's settling in for a nap.

I would like to get him into a Puppy Kindergarten class as soon as I can. I know h'ell probably have to get more shots before that can happen. I'll check into that later. I think he would definitely benefit from socializing with other dogs and other people. I really liked the training at ABRT. I think I'd like to take him there. They use positive reinforcement (treats and praise) to motivate the dogs. I think Well, it's time for Harley to go into his kennel for a nap so I can go back to bed for a couple of hours.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger