Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Saturday, April 14, 2007

Waiting on Huck and B.

I'm so excited about Huck and B. coming that I zoomed through the house getting things done. I''m so ready for them to join our family. I found a Dog.com advertisement and I'm going to look through it to see if there's anything we might 'need'. :-) I've got so much energy because I'm excited. I know we'll have to be very gentle with them at first and let them get used to us. It'll be hard for them being away from their family. I have a couple of treats for them so when they get here I can invite them in with treats. I also have one Greenie that I got in the mail for free. I can split that between the two of them.

I'm still missing Skooter and Moped. They will always be my boys. I see their pictures and I get a little teary eyes. I love watching their slide show on the Blog. I sent an email to Kris tonight asking her if she knows if they changed Moped's name and if they did, what did they change it to. I'd sure like to know.

I hope that Huck and B. get use to their nicknames quickly. It's not that I don't like their names, I think they are great names. But they are hard for me to say and Huck and B. will be a lot easer for me.

I'm so anxious to see what they look like in person. They are so beautiful in their pictures. I've never seen a black ticked GSP before so I'm looking forward to seeing B. Huck sort of has a face like Skooter's but I think she's lighter colored than Skooter is.

I hope they don't whine when Nancy leaves. I know they will miss her and wonder what the heck is going on, but I hope I can make them feel at ease and at home right away. It will be good that they have all of their stuff. That will make the transition a bit easier. I'm probably going to have them sleep in the living room (if they'll stay in there). The cats will be in the bedroom and Paulie doesn't like it when the dogs come in there. He'll get used to them eventually but at first it will be a situation that I have to keep a close eye on.

I wonder how much obedience they know. It'll be fun to do training again. There's always something that a GSP can learn. I wish I could afford the training classes but right now things are tight and I can't spend money on classes. I know the gist of it though since I went through the classes with Skooter and Moped.

I look forward to petting Huck and B.'s fuzzy faces.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger