Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Friday, April 13, 2007

Sunday

Nancy just called. She's going to bring the girls down on Sunday morning instead of tomorrow. She's going to bring all their stuff with them (feeding bowls, toys, blankets, etc.). They are purebred GSP's but are not registered. However they are micro-chipped which is awesome. I told her about the Dog Blog and she said she would like to be able to access it. We'll also exchange email addresses.

It actually works out better to have them come down on Sunday because I still have so much to do around here to get ready for them. I mean, I'm ready for them to be here, I just want to get a bit more organized. I'm so excited that they are coming. Nancy is glad that we're excited.

So, on Sunday we'll have two additions to the family, Huck and B. The cats won't like it too much but they are used to keeping to the back of the house. They've done it for years now. It's nice that they've had a little break, but I'm okay with them not being all over me all the time.

Nancy said she is pretty strict with the girls. They aren't allowed up on the furniture, they aren't allowed in the kitchen and they have to settle after coming in before they are allowed to roam the house. Luckily I still have the gate we got for Moped and I'll use that to give the cat's some distance when they first get here.

I'm not going to do the RAW diet with the girls. I'm going to feed them kibble. At first I'll probably hand feed them so we can bond and so that they will know who is boss and who provides the food. I'll also work with them on some obedience stuff. And I can't wait to take them for walks and for drives. I still have that priority mail package that has the car seat cover and seat belt restraints in it. I just never got around to doing anything with it. It's still sitting right where I put it the day it arrived. I'm glad that I'll finally be able to open it and use the stuff.

We had another snow storm and got about 4" of snow. It should all be melted by the time Huck and B. arrive. I need to remember to ask Nancy how well the dogs are socialized with other dogs and people (like going to PetsMart and things like that).

I'm so anxious to know if this is going to work and how it will all play out. I'm hoping we can foster them and keep them out of the Rescue. Not that the Rescue is a bad place, its' not. It's just that Kris already has lots of dogs and seven new puppies to take care of. If we can give her a bit of a break, we'd be happy to.

Well, I'm going to get busy around here and be ready for the girls to arrive this weekend. I'm so excited!

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger