Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Wednesday, April 25, 2007

King size isn't big enough for the four of us!

I've had some issues with the sciatic nerve in my back and haven't been able to post on the Dog Blog. I've missed it! And it's not that the dogs have been up to nothing (as you'll see). What was really great was that while I had to lay in bed or on the couch, the girls stayed with me, in bed or on the couch. I never felt lonely. They are excellent companions.

They slept in bed with us two nights ago. But last night we made them sleep off the bed. There just isn't enough room for all four of us, even though it's a king size bed!




They both made themselves right at home on the bed for a nap the other day too. I don't really want to encourage that behavior because then they'll always want to be up on the bed. As it is, I can rarely get on the couch these days without them being on there with me.


The girls saw a rabbit outside tonight while they were in the house. They went nuts for about half and hour. They wanted out to get to that rabbit. I didn't let them out because I didn't want to chance them going over the fence. After a while they settled down and as usual, Blitz is up on the couch and Huxley is under David's chair. She was cute earlier with her head peeking out from under his blanket. She looked like Red Riding Hood!


I'm still not sure whether keeping them is the right thing or not. When they get real active, which isn't very often, it kind of stresses David out. And that stresses me out. I don't want to be stressed out with the dogs. I'm able to leave them in the laundry room for hours and they don't have any accidents and they aren't whining when I get in. They do great. But I just don't know that David really wants two dogs right now. Especially if it's not Skooter and Moped.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger