Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Saturday, April 7, 2007

Memories



I love the picture of Skooter and Moped on the deck catching rays. It's my favorite picture of them. They look so content. And they were both calm at the same time!


I'm anxious about going down to Penrose tomorrow. I need to remind myself that I don't have to make any decision tomorrow. I need to do this right and take it slow. Enjoy the process, Sam! There just might not be a compatible dog for us down at the Rescue now. Kris will keep an eye out for a dog for us though. It would be interesting if Jack was the one. Even if he is we'll still have to take it slow and go through the adoption process with Kris. Then there's the issue of the adoption fee. We can afford it but things are always tight the first part of the month. We can work it out though if we need to.




I had popcorn again today and thought about how Skooter would sit and wait for a piece of it. I always worried about him choking on the popcorn but he always did fine with it. And cheese, he loved cheese. He always had to have a piece of cheese if either of us had some. He ate the wackiest things. Moped is the one who would eat anything though - yogurt, fruit, cheese, popcorn. He is such a puppy.





Skooter would probably be up in David's lap right now. He'd be taking a nap. And David would be so content. That's the kind of dog we want. One that can get up in our lap but not hurt us doing it. A dog that would be calm. I want a dog that I can sit on the floor or couch with and just enjoy the companionship. So we'll go look at Jack tomorrow and who knows what will happen. I really just want to enjoy the process, go through it slowly and make the right decision.




I wrote to Brad earlier and told him about the puppies that are down at the Rescue. For a second I thought that getting a puppy wouldn't be such a bad idea, train him the way you want him. But that didn't happen with Skooter or Moped. I didn't get through the puppy stage with either of them. That's why an older dog (Jack is about two years old) would be better for us. But is there such a thing as a calm or relatively calm GSP? It's hard to imagine. But I'm hopeful.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger