Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Sunday, April 15, 2007

Bombs away!

The dogs had their first sighting of the cats. First they froze. Then they loped down the hall which scared the heck out of the cats. They went in the bedroom and tried to look under the bed for the cats. I don't think they were going after them, I think they were just curious. My cats are afraid of dogs. It's that simple. They'll be stuck in the bedroom if the dogs stay. I'd have to teach the dogs not to chase the cats, at the very least.

Right now the girls are laying on the living room floor sleeping. It's so weird to have dogs that I don't have to interact with every second. They are so much more mellow than the boys were. Of course, they are a lot older than the boys.

Having the girls here makes me miss Skooter and Moped really bad. I try not to compare the girls to the boys, but it's hard not to. Girl dogs are very different than boy dogs. Not bad, just different. B. snores a lot. It's so cute.

I feel like I have a wall up so that I don't allow myself to get hurt again by losing a dog. I feel just a bit distant from the girls. I don't mean to, but after having to give up Skooter and Moped I am naturally a little gun shy. And they've only been here for a few hours. I'll see how it goes, day by day. If things are good after a week, then we'll commit to fostering them. I will not commit to adopting them for quite a while. I have to make sure that I can bond with them. It wouldn't be fair to them if I were distant. They need lots of affection and love and I want to be able to give that to them.

The girls have really taken to David. They enjoy the attention that he gives them.

B. has gas really bad. It is so stinky. :-) Someone needs to go potty. :-) They are sleeping back to back. It's so cute. (Another stink bomb has been let go! Yikes!)

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger