Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Saturday, April 14, 2007

The adventure continues

I slept until almost 5:30am! Wahoo! Slept through the night. This is such a big deal because Skooter had me trained to get up for him when he whined in the middle of the night, usually around 2:30am or so. So this is great that I slept past that time. My first intelligible thought was about Huck and B. They are coming! I'm so nervous. What if they don't like us? What if Nancy doesn't want to leave them here with us? What if they do like us?! This is so much fun to think about them joining the family. It's all I can think about.

I'm glad that the first dogs we are fostering don't look anything like Skooter and Moped. It would be difficult to have dogs that look like them. Huck had a similar face to Skooter but not exactly a twin.

I hope that they are not too much for me to handle. They look like good size dogs, but it's hard to tell in pictures. I really want to be able to take them for walks. And I'm going to work on giving them time apart. I think it's crucial so I can see what behaviors they will do if separated. I can always bring them to Doggy Day Care to give them more socialization and time apart. But first I just need them to get used to the house and the yard. They'll be some initial potty training to do so they'll know that the sliding glass door gets them out to the back yard where they can go to the bathroom.

I'll be busting out of myself waiting on them to arrive Sunday morning. I hope that Nancy's schedule clears and she can bring them down today. That would be great to get them today. I'm just so anxious to see how things are going to go. I know there will be an adjustment period and I'm willing to let things shake out the way they need to. As long as they don't try to eat the cats, or as long as Paulie doesn't try to eat them :-) it will work. I'll be so disappointed if we have to bring them down to the Rescue. I want this to work out, us fostering Huck and B.

I hope Nancy doesn't mind me giving them nicknames. It's a bonding thing. It says that they are now our dogs (for as long as we want them or until they get adopted by us or someone else).

I don't want the ground to be all muddy for there first days here, but it may well be because of the snow we got. I was hoping it would all be melted by the time the girls got here, but I don't know that that will happen. I'll just have to deal with it.

In additon to the cats, I'm worried about them jumping the fence. I'm going to put them on tie out for at least a few weeks, until they get that this is home. Then I'll try supervised free roam in the backyard. What I'd like is that they go out a couple of times a day to go to the bathroom and that they roam around the yard some to get some energy out. Mostly there energy will be expended going on walks.

Okay, I'm going to stop writing about them for a while. Nancy thought it was interesting that I'd have something to say on the Dog Blog everyday. She joked that it would be that B. was sleeping. Now B. is snoring. That's funny. I don't know exactly how, but I do find things to say about them every day.

And if it's not Huck and B. that I'm writing about there's always Skooter and Moped. There adjustments must be going well otherwise I think Kris would be hearing about it. I hope that Skooter is finally sleeping through the night. Maybe my sleeping through the night is a sign that Skooter is finally sleeping through the night. And I hope that Moped has settled down some since he's been with his new family. I'm sure that he's getting tons more energy out with them than he could have with us.

Well, today is the last day for the cats to be out in the living room At least until they get used to the dogs and the dogs get used to them. Tabby is on the side table that is next to me. Minnie is up in the window, looking out at the Peak (really she's looking for birds in the backyard) and Paulie is sauntering around like he owns the place. I hope that they continue to come out even though the dogs will be here. I don't want them shut up in the back of the house all the time. Although it's not a bad place to be with the beds and comfy chair in the den. They'll figure it out. Paulie is sitting next to my chair on the floor right now. Yep, Minnie is watching birds out in the backyard. I can hear the birds chirping all the way in here. Minnie is intensely watching them. Now she's sitting ont he counter waiting for me to call her over. But I think instead of doing that I will go back to bed and see if I can get some more sleep. I'm feeling vewy, vewy sleepy all of a sudden.

Skooter and Moped. Huck and B. The adventure continutes.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger