Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I am so emotional right now. I feel the way I did with Moped and Skooter: could I do more to make this work out? If I could put the cats aside I think I could make it work, but I can't put the cats asisde. The girls are over by the sliding door right now, laying down. I love them. I will miss not having them here. I really wish I could make things different with the cats and the fence. Were just not at a point where we can make any changes or adjustments in our lives to accommodate dogs, any dogs. I feel so bad that this didn't work. I had to try it though. I would have always wondered if I didn't at least try. I wanted to give the dogs a chance and give Kris some relief. But it's just not possible. I can't sacrifice the cats to foster dogs. David agrees with me and feels the same way I do emotionally.

I'd like to say that I'll never do this to myself again, but I don't know that I wouldn't try it again sometime when things are different. There's so much going on in our lives right now that I won't get into, but it does effect our decision.

I want to change my mind. I want to keep these dogs. I just can't figure out how to make it work though. This is killing me. I feel so bad.

I haven't heard back from Kris yet. I dread that. I know it will be disappointing to her that it hasn't worked out.

Huxley has come over to me so I can pat her. She's putting her head in my lap and on my laptop. It's like they already know something has changed.

I don't know how much more sadness and disappointment I can set myself up for...

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger