Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Sunday, April 1, 2007

An update from Kris (RM GSP Rescue)

I hope I can remember most of what Kris told me.

When Moped left, Skooter had a hard time the first night being alone. He was howling. The next night they put more straw in his kennel and that seemed to appease him. No more howling. He did spend a lot of time in the house near the end of his stay, especially when there was bad weather. Kris said that they were both very mannerly in the house and it was a joy to have them there. When Skooter slept with her daughter he didn't get up in the middle of the night. Kris said both of them gained a lot of muscle mass while they were at the Rescue. They got enough exercise to work their muscles out really well. When going around corners in the car they could actually hold their place. I didn't realize that their muscles were not in good shape. I'm glad that they could come back from it though.

While his new family was on vacation they spent a lot of time talking about Skooter. They talked about what they would get for him, what they would do with him and all kinds of other things. I'm so glad that they were thinking of Skooter while they were away. That says a lot about how much he is part of the family already. When they came to pick him up yesterday, Skooter ran to them smiling. Yes, smiling! He was happy to see them. I think he knew they were going to take him home like Moped's family did for him. Kris sent some of his toys and chews with them (she split them up between Skooter and Moped). She made sure that his tug a jug went with him even though no one seemed to know what to do with it :-) .

They took Skooter for walks and to the dog park yesterday. They were able to wear him out! He slept in his kennel last night at got them up at 2:30 :-) . That made me smile because I know what he is doing. They're going to work on this issue and hopefully they'll figure out how to get him to sleep through the night. I think that if he's out of his kennel he'll sleep through the night.

Kris said they are enjoying Skooter immensely. Today they took him for walks and when he woke up from his nap the boys were going to take him out into the back yard to play with him. I know the novelty will wear off at some point, but I think they will provide Skooter with a great home. He will be spoiled. And he deserves that.

When they get together with the neighbors for barbeques everyone brings their dogs. So Skooter will have playmates and playdates. He'll also go to doggy day care at least two days a week, so he'll be well socialized.

I'm sure there are things that I'm forgetting, but as I remember them I will enter them into the Dog Blog. I was so thrilled that Kris called so soon. Oh yeah, Kris said as she gets emails or pictures of the dogs she'll email them to me. That made me real happy. I want to follow along with them even if it's just once a year.

That's it for now. I am happy and content knowing that my boys are doing well in their first days with their families. My sadness is gone. I love my boys and I am happy for them.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger