Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Loose ends


I've had a bowl of dry dog food sitting in the corner of the dining room since the dogs left. Tabby eats a bit of it now and then. I just couldn't bear to throw it away. It would mean that the dogs are not coming back. Well, this morning I finally threw it away! I'm now using it as a water bowl for the cats and the are loving it because it's such a big bowl. Slowly but surely I am saying goodbye to Skooter and Moped in my own way. I felt a bit guilty tossing out dog food, but it has been out for a month now. It's probably very dry (didn't try it to find out :-) ).


I remember when Moped was barely as big as the bowls. He was just a tiny puppy then, 9 weeks old or so. But what a cutie pie. I was always afraid that he might fall into the water bowl! Thankfully he never did.


Now I need to get rid of all the boxes in the garage that there toys came in. I have a huge pile of boxes! And speaking of boxes, I think today will be the day that I take care of that Priority Mail box that's been sitting in the living room for a month now (it has the seatbelt restraints and seat cover in it). I need to call the company and see if I can return the stuff. I can always get it again if we get new dogs some day. And last but not least (and maybe not really last, I might have forgotten things) the pet boxes out in the garage that hold their grooming supplies and things like that. Time for that to get weeded out. I only need the cat stuff now.


It feels good to tie up loose ends. It's my way of saying goodbye. And while I feel a tinge of sadness, mostly I just feel determination. I will get through this situation.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger