Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Sunday, April 8, 2007

Stinkin' 4ft fence!


I need to face it - our yard just might not be something we can overcome with a GSP. They are so agile and can jump over our 4ft fence with ease. I don't want to have to put my dog out on tie out everytime he needs to be outside. Let's face it, that's why we had to get a home for Skooter - we couldn't keep him in the yard anymore. I didn't mind him going around the neighborhood, but I'm sure other people in the community did. He always came home though. But I couldn't expect that of a new, older dog. They might just take off. Definitely have to get them microchipped if they haven't been already.


I wonder if Jack is registered? Wonder if he has an AKC/UKC name besides Jack? When Home Again Pet Recovery called yesterday that referred to Samantha's Prince of the Prairie (not Skooter) being transferred to the new owners. It was cool to hear his AKC name.


Getting ahead of myself again. First thing we need to do is meet Jack and see if we like him and more importantly if he likes us. We also want to check out his coloring. We're used to liver and white, patched and ticked and he's solid liver. I think having a different looking dog would make the transition easier though. There'd be no question as to replacing Skooter and Moped. I'm still going to take some pictures of Jack, just in case, to start his album. If it doesn't work out at least I might get a happier looking picture out of him. He looks so sad in his profile.


The house is just so quiet without the dogs. No snoring, no whining, no scratching, no kennels shaking with excitement and no Wookie sounds. I miss some of those sounds. I miss the constant background noise that they provided. Especially when Moped started dreaming and would yelp. I could picture him dreaming of chasing anything he could get his paws on! Now all there is for noise is the sound of the heat vents popping and the occaissional elephant run by the cats. But for the most part it is just quiet. And there's no furry face to hug and kiss in this quiet.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger