Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Walking the loop


I went for a walk this morning. It was weird walking on the loop that I used to walk with the dogs. It felt like there wasn't as much purpose in walking without Skooter and Moped. I was remembering how difficult it was to walk the dogs on their leashes. They pulled the whole time we were walking, especially Mopes. It really wasn't as much of a walk with them as it was a 'drag'! :-) But, I still miss them. That is one of the reasons that I had to re-home them - I couldn't give them enough exercise. They usually were more wound up after a walk than they were worn out.


I woke up at 2:30am this morning. I was wondering if Skooter was up too. I hope he doesn't bother his new family with too much whining. I had hoped that he would get over the whining while he was at the Rescue, but that didn't happen. It was kind of nice to know that he and I might have been up at the same time.


We finally finished cleaning up the back yard yesterday. I can't believe we let it go for so long, but it was just another thing that meant that the dogs were really gone. They really messed up the grass in the back yard though. We're going to have to do a lot of work out there to spiff things up. They chewed up the two bushes that were out there too. We'll have to replace them.


I swear that there's a dog in every show or commercial on TV these days. I mean, lots of dogs. It's so weird. The commercials have nothing to do with dogs, but they have a dog in it anyway. It makes me feel left out that I'm not a dog owner anymore. :-( I don't know how long it will be until I can get another dog, but I think I will go nuts in the mean time.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger