Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Morning 'tentions (attention)

Huxley and Blitz woke me up by barking. They must have heard a noise. It worked out okay because when I let them out they both went to the bathroom. Now they're both laying down, Blitz on her blanket and Huxley on the couch. I lavished them with attention and they absolutely loved it.




It's at times like this that I get wishy-washy and think that I can somehow keep them. But it just doesn't work for the cats. I really wish my cats would have reacted differently to Huxley and Blitz. If they had been able to get along, I would have somehow made the fence issue work out. But I just can't have my cats living under the bed.




I got an email back from Kris. She is disappointed that it didn't work out for us. She's asked that we hold on to them past this weekend because she has some adopters coming down Saturday and she also has an inspection on Saturday. New dogs in the mix would just upset things and that's not what she needs this weekend. I'll talk to David and see if he wants to bring them down during the week (taking some time off of work) or wait until the following weekend.




The longer I have them the harder it will be to part with them. They both just got majorly excited because David got up. He came to say good morning to them. They both were wagging their tails and grunting at him with excitement. I can't believe how easy it has been for them to adjust to us and our routine.




Now Huxley is on the blanket and Blitz is up on the couch. They both seem quite content being here. Arg! If it weren't for the cats this could work out. If I were going to have dogs, these are the dogs I would want to have. They are so mellow and loving and affectionate.






David told me last night that right now he doesn't want to have a dog. It ties us down and makes it harder for us to go places. That is true. I have bible study later today and I'll have to put the girls in the laundry room while I am gone. I'm going to try to be gone just one hour today. I don't want them to be in their for hours.


David came out into the living room to love on the girls. And they are truly enjoying the 'tentions. Blitz especially loves the 'tensions from David. She's just sitting (sort of) in his lap.


Now that they've had their 'tentions they are back on the couch and their blanket. A beautiful start to the day.

David says we can bring them down on Monday afternoon. I'll probably cry when we leave them.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger