Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Saturday, April 7, 2007

Visiting Jack

We may not get to visit Jack this weekend because of the weather. If it's this icy on Sunday we're not going anywhere. Jack can wait. David has the duty pager the next weekend so we couldn't go then either. It would have to be two weeks from now if we don't get to go on Sunday. I'm okay with not going though if the roads are bad. There's no way you'll get me out there if the roads are icy.

I know they are having the same kind of weather down in Penrose. I worry about the dogs at the Rescue and how much work Kris is going to have to do because of this weather. It's iced everything over. I can see dogs slipping and sliding everywhere down there :-) I pray that they will all be safe. Kris said they were supposed to travel to the Springs today, but I'm guessing that trip will be postponed.

It would be nice to have a dog to cuddle up with on a cold night like this. Skooter wouldn't cuddle as much as he would hog the whole bed, legs sticking straight out and all. And Moped never settled down enough to be able to join us in bed. So I look forward to the day when I can have a dog that stays in our room, not necessarily on the bed, but when invited up, will be a companion not a bed hog.

It would be kind of weird to have a dog named Jack. It's so common. I'd like to rename him but he's old enough now where he knows his name. But if we picked a name out and started calling him that right away maybe we could get him to switch. I really like Harley or Vespa. Have to keep those cycles going (Harley Davidson, Vespa motor skooter, get it, got it, good!) But I could call him Jack if I had to.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger