Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Thursday, April 12, 2007

Considering other dogs

All of the dogs I've considered lately won't work out for one reason or another:

* Jack - not sure how he is around cats

* Harley - he's not a full lab puppy, he's a mix with border collie (a high energy level dog)

* Blue - doesn't like cats, is a fence jumper

* Tuxy - toy fox terriers - they are too small, the cats would eat them for a snack

* boston terrier - bigger than a breadbox but still not a dog-size dog

* labrador retriever - another sporting dog (although supposedly a mellow dog)


So, I'm not just picking the first dog that comes along. There have been many cute dogs with fuzzy faces to chose from, but it has to come down to more than just a pretty face. It has to be workable, doable. It has to be realistic. There has to be an out if it doesn't work.


I just don't think I could make a complete commitment to another dog just yet. Maybe in time, but not right now. Now all I can offer is fostering a dog, no long term commitments. If it would work out that would be just fine, but if it doesn't then the dog already has a place to go.

Changing subjects: Tabby is asleep on the couch and she's snoring. It reminds me of how Skooter and Moped snored when they were sleeping. It's such a comforting sound. I miss hearing them snore and 'talk' in their sleep. I miss my little Wookie. I want to ask Kris if she'll get in touch with Moped's new owners and ask what they named him. I'd really like to know. And I wonder how my buddy Skooter is doing at night. Is he still waking them up at 2:30am or is he sleeping through the night now? If they let him sleep out of his kennel he's more apt to sleep through the night. I think it's because he can stretch so much out of the kennel. He needs to stretch to be comfortable and sleep well.





That's a collar laying on Skooter. I got the wrong size (obviously) and had to return it, but the new size was too big too. He never got to wear the collar. I always liked him best in his orange collar.






He was spoiled from the beginning. I don't know that I ever had a chance of making him behave because I set such a liberal tone from the get go. I don't regret any of it though.



What a beautiful dog Skooter is. Puddin' Pop is incredible looking too. There's just something about the two of them that I haven't seen in other dogs yet. Maybe I'd have to see the dog in person to feel differently about it. But Skooter's specialness comes out in his photos. He exudes charisma, if a dog can exude such a thing. :-)

So, every dog gets compared to Skooter and Moped and so far all have fallen short. They were more than just dogs to me. I wish things could have been different.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger