Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Friday, April 6, 2007

Lotsa Thoughts

It's 2:30am and I'm up. I'm not sure why though. Maybe Skooter and I are still waking up at the same time.

Anyway, it was quite unexpected to hear about Skooter again so soon. I'm so grateful that this family has really taken him on as thier own. Skooter will love going for a ride this weekend. He'll get to explore a new place. That will be fun for him. And I'm so glad that he did well at doggy day care. I wasn't sure how he would do with the socialization aspect of things. So it's good that he was not only able to go to doggy day care but was able to really join in and play with the other dogs and get along well with the staff. Kris didn't mention anything about him getting up in the middle of the night, so maybe they didn't say anything about it. Maybe they are letting him sleep out of his kennel in which case someone up there in the Denver suburbs has got four paws sticking in their back and is as we speak being shoved out of bed by one bed hog of a dog. :-)

I'd like to hear how Moped is progressing along in his second week with his new family. I really can understand them wanting to change his name though. It really doesn't make any sense without Skooter around to balance it out. I can't wait to hear what they change it to. He'll always be Moped to us though and the Blog will still be Skooter and Moped's Dog Blog. I'll probably just refer to him by both names once I know his new name. It will be good to get an update on Mopes too. I hope he is settled down enough for them. He is a wild boy at heart. He has tons of energy. But if they're able to take him for walks a couple of times a day and the 4 year old is playing with him and he gets to go out in the yard and once in a while gets to play with other dogs, well then, all of that should tire him out :-) It's already tired me out!

Jack. What can I say about Jack? What can I say about any other dog? There's no way to know for sure how a dog will be without taking it home for a trial run, a weekend to see how it gets along with the cats and how much energy a low-energy GSP really has. It still could be too much for us. So I really don't know jack about Jack! He's solid liver though and it would be weird to have a liver GSP after having liver and mostly white, patched and ticked boys. He still is beautiful, but I'd have to see him in person first to make any determination on whether or not I like his coloring.

We may have to broaden our search to a female to find one that likes cats and is lazy and is beautiful! I guess having a girl would be okay. I don't know that there are any issues with GSP girls that I'd need to know about specifically. There are a few femles already on the site that get along with cats and that's a real plus, but are they low-key? Don't know that for sure. I'll have to let Kris know that a female is now in play.

I'm just really looking for a couch potato that wants some exercise daily and a romp in the yard each day. Having the 4ft fence doesn't help us out though because any GSP would be able to clear that without even thinking about it.

Kris told David that if we do get a dog and it's before we go to Wisconsin, that we can take the dog down to her to be boarded for a nominal fee. That would work out great. I'd rather that he stay with Kris for four nights than in doggy day care for four nights. Nothing against doggy day care, but our dog would have come from the Rescue and would feel at home there. Might be a bit confusing for him but it would work.

Again, I am getting ahead of myself. We're still too early in the prospect process to be thinking about all this stuff. It may take some time to find just the right dog. And I don't want just any dog, I want the right dog. A dog that is a good match to our lifestyle. A dog that will be happy living with us. Basically, a lazy dog :-) I really need a companion dog, not a high-energy dog that sucks the life out of me. I want a dog to add to my life not detract from it.

There's been stories in the headlines repeatedly now about dogs who were lost for years then reunited with their families. Those stories are so heartwarming. I'm glad, that because of microchip technology, dogs are getting back to their rightful owners even after years. Skoots and Mopes have microchips. I don't know that the families have changed the address to show it's them now that needs to be called. But if one day I get a call about Skooter or Moped/Harry :-) I'll know what to do. Reuniting them with their family would be cool. But hopefully I never have to face that with them.

I really can see Skooter there with all four legs sticking straight out, lying on his back, shoving whomever out of the bed. He'd love to be able to sleep in bed with someone again. I hope he gets the chance to do that. And it just slays me that Moped slept with his kennel door open the first night. Don't know how that is working out but it should be interesting to hear about him.

I need to get things in order here at home before I get a dog. The garage needs to be cleaned out (Lisa and Kitty are going to help me do that next week), the house needs a major spring cleaning and I need to start tracking finances again so I know exactly where we are at all times. It's just so hard after not having to keep close tabs on it to have to all of a sudden do that. I can do it without a problem it's just that it will be weird. But if we're going to have a dog, we're going to have to have an emergency fund. Maybe I should take time while I'm still up to start working on that. Think I will.

Goodnight to all the doggies in doggy land. Goodnight my sweet Princes. Goodnight.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger