Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Sunday, April 15, 2007

I'd give it a 9 out of 10



We've been hand feeding Huxley and Blitz. They seem to be doing okay with it. It helps with the bonding process to hand feed them. They are both laying down next to David on his blanket. They are sharing the space and it's not all that big. They really love each other.

I'm feeling bad about the cats. I don't like that I'm treating them like second class citizens and making them stay in the bedroom under the bed. I'm not sure this will work if that continues. My cats just might not like dogs and it may be that simple. I'll have to see how they do together.

I didn't take these dogs in to replace Skooter and Moped. That would be impossible. But having them makes me think so much about giving Skooter and Moped up for adoption. If I'm going to have any dog shouldn't it have been them?

I don't want to give anyone the idea that I'm unhappy with Huxley and Blitz. I'm not. I'm just still feeling really emotional about the loss of Skooter and Moped. It's a big responsibility to have dogs and I want to make sure I'm up to the task. The dogs deserve the best and that's what I want to be able to give to them.

I know I'm guarding my heart because of the sadness I feel about my boys and not reaching out 100% to the girls. And that's not easy to not do because they are so loving and generous. They are such good dogs. They are so easy to be with. It's totally the opposite of what it was like with Skooter and Moped. This is exactly what I wanted: dogs that would lay around a bit and not be running through the house like wild animals.

Nancie called to check on the girls. I told her that they are doing great. They seem to have made themselves at home here already. I said that Blitz was a riot with her snoring. I did let her know that the initial meeting with the cats led to a chase, but I think the dogs just want to play and my cats don't know any better. Nancie said we could meet next weekend so we can get the dog's outdoor house and the electric fence.

If anyone asked me how it's going so far, I'd have to give it a 9 out of 10. They are gentle, beautiful dogs and are wonderful to have in the house. Now, if I can just get over these emotions I have for Skooter and Moped it will all be a lot easier.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger