Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Harley


This is Harley. He is a Lab, approx. 6 weeks old and available for adoption on April 24th. I've put in an application to see if we can adopt him. I don't know if having just given up Skooter and Moped will play a significant role in their decision for us to adopt Harley. I tried with Skooter and Moped, I really tried. I gave it all that I had and when it got to a point that it just wasn't working, I did the right thing and put them up for adoption to good, screened homes. They were just too active for us. We need a dog that will at some point be more mellow. I also need a dog that can grow up with the cats. And I want a smart dog and Lab's are smart. I want to be able to go through obedience/socialization classes with my dog. I also want my dog to experience doggy day care, so if there are times that I will be away for an extended period of time, he can go to doggy day care. We'll be going away for three days in mid-May and will need to put him in doggy day care overnight for four nights. We can go see Harley on Saturday from 11-1 at the Petsmart at the Citadel Crossing (if they have the puppies there, they may just have pictures, don't know). I hope he is there so I can see if he's compatible with us.

I'm just going to take this a step at a time and not get ahead of myself. The adoption application needs to be approved first. They may not approve it since it's such a recent thing that we gave up Skooter and Moped for adoption. I have to know that going into this.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger